Have some fun! Volunteer!
Volunteering at the Simsbury Meadows Performing Arts Center is a great way to get involved. You’ll see the concerts of course, but you’ll also see a lot of your neighbors and friends – and make some new friends, too – all while contributing to a fun community event.
It takes many hands to put on a concert, and we need volunteers throughout the summer season from the end of May to mid-September. From set up to tear down, directing cars to ushering, we rely on our dedicated and enthusiastic group of volunteers.
Join the fun this year and help keep the music playing in Simsbury.
Please complete the volunteer application form online »
There are lots of ways to help.
There’s a job for everyone, and we welcome new people and new energy. We ask all volunteers to attend a brief pre-season orientation meeting where we’ll go over the specifics of each position, answer questions, and share our vision for the SMPAC. The most popular volunteer jobs are:
- Show patrons to seats
- Keep aisle & entry areas clear
- Work with security to keep lawn and seating area separate
- Assist patrons through entry gates
- Distribute flyers (playbills, or program information)
- Provide information re: concessions, toilets, etc.
- Check ID’s and affix “over 21” bracelet
- During concert provide information & assistance as needed i.e. fill in while others take bathroom breaks
- Collect parking fees, hand out parking stickers
- Safely guide patrons to assigned parking spots
- Direct to handicap parking as needed
- Serve draft beer and wine (MUST participate in pre-season TIPPS training for this)
- Serve soft drinks and water
- Set up chairs, tables, signage day of concert
- Break down after event
- Staff PAC booth
- Sign up volunteers
- Encourage/accept donations
- Provide information re: Friends of SMPAC
- Sell Merchandise
- Provide general information about other concerts, tickets, etc.
Join in and have some fun.
Besides the good feelings from participating in great community events, SMPAC volunteers get:
- Free and convenient parking area designated for Volunteers only.
- Free SMPAC T shirt
- End of season volunteer picnic
Complete the volunteer form now – then encourage your friends and neighbors to do the same.